Heart & Soul

Random post about anything~


It was the day that our Management group have to interview someone, a General Manager from Straits Meridian Hotel. We arrived there about 11 a.m. and we waited for the GM for about one hour because he has a meeting going on.

After one hour, which is approximately 12 p.m. The GM came out and greeted us and also invited us to the cafeteria of the hotel. The environment is not bad for a 3-star hotel. Really, I didn't think it was that good. The GM's name was Simon Buenaventura. He was a Eurasian or Serani or Portuguese guy. He was extremely friendly and he changed my view upon the Eurasian guys.

Our Management Group, I look fat =.=
We took turns on asking different kinds of questions on how he manages the hotel, the history and stuff. Questions that we needed to accomplish our assignment. Off course, Mr. Simon here, gave us splendid answers. I love the way he speaks, firm, and friendly. During the interview, we also get to know some knowledge about hotel management, recruiting employees and stuff. Things that you wouldn't get from the text books and slides. It's the experience that's matter.

I liked some of his quotes " 99% Confidence might bring to 100% failure, that 1 particular percent can bring you down", "3F's Firm, Friendly and Fruitful" and a few more that I didn't remembered well. Might put up when I remember it.

The employees are fans of Manchester United, they hold competitions regularly.
While interviewing him, there's a couple of phone calls calling him. What I can learn from him is the way he rejected the calls or some kind of put on hold with the person calling, so that he can continue our interview session. I like this kind of attitude because Mr. Simon treat us as also adults which he respect us, he pays attention to our questions and answers it properly. Not like some people would might think we are just college students, so they wouldn't give their time to us and neglect us all the way.

Our Management Group with Mr. Simon

After the interview session, he asks us whether we needed pictures or other information about the hotel. I was thinking, he knows what we wants! Well, that's what we expect from a GM. We took pictures with Mr. Simon and the surroundings of the hotel. He also invited us to feel free to walk around the hotel but he didn't bring us because he had another meeting to attend. Busy man >.>
Jonathan- the receptionist

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket

Me and Her

Visitors

Followers

About this blog

Nothing much about this blog, its just a place to express my feelings in another form of way via text. Be my follower if you are interested in my expression of feelings, stories etc. Feel free to leave any comment, but I hope it's supportive comments from you guys.